Digital Images & Digital Video

Sharing and Designing Digital Images:

There are many ways for an image to be expressed or altered to reflect a person's style or interests. Images in the classroom are such an important tool as they are one the biggest visual stimulants for students and help to promote learning. I have personally been playing around with the website Picnik which is a photo editing website. I have altered this Image of my 1969 Mustang in a way that I think gives it great depth and emotion.


If I felt like sharing this image to other peers who have photo interests there are a couple of websites/Iphone apps that can allow this. One of which is Flickr which is a very popular website which allows you to upload images to your account and people all over the world can view and comment on your imagery work.

A second way of sharing is the use of the Iphone App Instagram which is the exact same concept as Flickr except for the convenience of it being on your Iphone and being able to do it anywhere and anytime.



Sharing and Designing of Digital Video:

Video's take it one step further in engagement of the classroom as it visually and auditory engages students which the majority of the classrooms students will enjoy and receive a degree of learning from them.

To design a video there is many video editing programs out there but one of the easiest and most popular programs out there is Windows Movie Maker. I have utilized this program a few times and have enjoyed the experience from start to finish. Students could benefit greatly from learning how to use this program and then creating work from it for their assignments etc.

Below is a photostory video I created using movie maker about the restoration journey of my 1969 Ford Mustang which purpose was for my Arts assignment. This creating experience for me was personal and I put a lot of emotion into creating it. I was very proud of the outcome and enjoy sharing it on YouTube for others to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment