TPACK and Digital learning design

TPACK is the framework that identifies the three strands of knowledge in which teachers need to know to be able to become effective teachers. The three stands are Technological, Pedagogical and Content.

TPACK is explained as follows;
T - Technological
P - Pedagogical
A - And
C - Content
K - Knowledge


It is important to have a vast understanding of each of these strands because if a teacher is competent in only one or even two of the stands then the circuit isn't complete. There is no use having all the Technological and Content knowledge if you don't know how to teach it though Pedagogy. There is also no point in knowing how to use technology and being able to teach if you don't know the content you are teaching.


I never knew about this great framework until now and I think it makes perfect sense. I have just completed my first year of prac teaching and I can see this framework being used in every situation when teaching children. I have learned a lot throughout this activity and intend on reflecting on it further and focusing on it throughout my future prac teachings.

No comments:

Post a Comment